Friday, January 18, 2013

Conscious Capitalism Revolution?

The CEO of Wholefoods, John Mackey, recently twittered "Let's revolutionize capitalism & show that businesses are value creators for the planet & its citizens" - John Mackey .

Now, I'm all for TRUE Conscious Capitalism.... as a matter of fact it's what I dedicate my life to. But I don't think this man is the person to be leading the charge. Mr. Mackey has fought consistently to prevent his workers from unionizing, essentially removing CHOICE from worker's benefits. He's also a climate-change skeptic, citing "I would hate to see billions of people condemned to remain in poverty because of climate-change fears." (http://bit.ly/13NbCYf) Wholefoods also KNOWINGLY sells foods that contain GMO ingredients (http://bit.ly/SeV08Q), which is a completely hypocritical action for an organization thusly named and intentioned.

My opinion: I don't think there's anything at all "conscious" about Wholefoods. I think it's just another example of "greenwashing," with a very high pricetag and no, I don't shop there.

So, aside from the musings of a hypocritical multi-millionaire, let's talk about the possibilities of what Conscious Capitalism can REALLY become.

I believe our new model should incorporate the use of RESILIENCY which in the modern terminology means "putting back more than you take." I think it should mean living and acting and producing holistically, sustainably, and with respect. Conscious Capitalism should reject Monsanto, Mobil, Merck and Halliburton, and any other cancerous corporations that hold our democracy hostage. It should empower, enable, and inspire. It should set aside the old marketing paradigms of fear, greed and jealousy, replacing them with the #7Graces.

I think fundamental value of companies should be based increasing the quality of life instead of the profits they earn for shareholders.

Each of these paradigms for Conscious Capitalism is built into IDEABASH, and I will be aligning IDEABASH with other companies around the world who hold the same ideals, building strength in numbers, etc. Let's all come together and DEMAND the end of the deadly form capitalism that has eaten us alive and enabled the greediest among us to take whatever they want; let's demand this revolution of TRUE CONSCIOUS CAPITALISM that understands that there is enough for everyone to live a quality life and fulfill their dreams.

Amen.

With blessings of love, gratitude and prosperity,

Meg Montgomery, Founder
http://ideabash.org

No comments:

Post a Comment