Thursday, February 7, 2013

Building WELLTH Together

From 2010 - 2012, I developed Women-Money-Power.com, a free resource for women looking to jump into the online business world. What that experience became for me was a 'sorting' process, where I learned how to sift the people who cling to the old business paradigm from the visionaries who pave the way for new and better paradigms.

As I made my way with WMP, I found the same exact Hype and Ego that I had experienced when I was attempting to make my way in the world of Rich White Men, and I was disillusioned that women had accepted this model. Any product that would help me develop my business concept further had a pricetag of $1,000.... and if you didn't buy, you had zero access to that expertise. Their priority was "wealth-building" and that was not helping me at all.

I was broke, and I was also determined to NOT go back into the workforce, so that pricetag for me was totally out of reach. I couldn't even commit to the payment plans, and it left me feeling "unworthy."

I tried list building; affiliate marketing; JV partnerships; network marketing and many other models than all left me feeling empty. And, of course broke! But when I got to the point where I had met enough people to be able to begin 'sifting' out the visionaries from the hacks, that's when the real magic began to happen. It's when I realized that there WAS a community of people-helping-people; it was just hidden behind all the white noise of people shouting Me! Me! Me! Me!

One person in particular from this time has remained very active in my life both as a colleague and a friend, is Dream Warrior Jenni Parker Brown, who introduced me to so many people and concepts that helped me make the switch from being a "Wannabe" to an "Is" Entrepreneur.  She's the one who introduced me to the concept of Wellth-Building which turned off all that white noise, allowing me to enter a place of exceptional peace of mind and progress.

Jenni used this term as a combination of "health" and "wellth" and I tend to think of it more in terms of "constructive" wealth, or at the very least, non-destructive wealth.  It is one of the cornerstones of IDEABASH.

Jenni was building her own community and had a strong committed core of people around the world who were creating their businesses. One of these people is Katherine Carey, a milliner. I had the great fortune to witness Katherine's progress as she went from a "wannabe" to an "is" milliner; it's a story of intense vision, faith and guts that has inspired me tremendously.

Katherine now sells her gorgeous 'chapeaux' in NYC shops. She is an astounding success story, and I've asked her to join IDEABASH and tell her story as an inspiration to others. This is an example of how someone whose products cost more than $25 can take part in IDEABASH. The same goes for people who have a service-based business. IDEABASH is Versatile; there are so many different ways that people can take part!! There ARE no limits!

It's also an example of building a community of vision, guts, joy, faith, love, connection, etc.... each of us is an inspiration to everyone else, and our communal strength is UNBREAKABLE! UNSHAKABLE! UNSTOPPABLE!


Wishing You Many Blessings of Love, Gratitude and Abundance,

Meg Montgomery, Founder
http://ideabash.org

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ideabash's time has come! Thanks for the lovely accolade Meg! I'm proud of both you and Katherine!
    Dream Warrior Jenni P

    ReplyDelete